Magento is made for businesses that seek complete control over the feel, look and functionality of their ecommerce site while offering a smooth shopping experience to customers. The software comes with a suite of tools that make it easy for the owner to customize their online store. Magento development standards ensure that the site owner has as much control as they want.
Through a wide array of the software’s analytical tools, the site owner can easily keep track of business performance. Magento is also known for its inbuilt tools that help the site owner to attract traffic, engage shoppers as well as drive conversions for the growth of the business. The software is also well optimized with SEO friendly URLs, custom metadata and descriptions that make it easy for customers to search for their preferred products on the site.
While Magento is one of the most stable and secure platforms available, it can still get compromised or hacked if some parts are left unattended. Hacking has become one of the growing concerns today. A hack can be easily identified through store defacing, phishing, information duplication, and ransomware among others. Each attack has its own remedy. As such, once you notice an attack on your site, it is advisable to work with a professional to solve the issue.
This ecommerce software is a favorite with hackers as businesses are in love with it. Transacting billions of dollars globally, you can see why every crook would want to get into the system and take a piece of that cake. While the software comes with inbuilt security features, it is sometimes not enough to prevent all attacks. The most common issue is theft of personal and payment information, though the vulnerabilities are uncountable. Magento Pro has come up with a solution to this issue: regular store health check-up.
The host you choose for your ecommerce platform can make or break your business. If you are looking for a suitable host, here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
• The service provider should have a Linux hosting plan
• The server should be Apache or NGINX and offer at least 2 GB RAM
• The server should support MySQL and PHP database
• The host should offer SSL certificates and dedicated IP addresses for secure transactions
• The host should be able to handle your ecommerce requirements
• The host should be able to offer support when the need arises
Getting your requirements right is the first step when shopping around for a hosting service provider. It is always best to work with a professional if you are not certain that you can figure out all your needs. Some of the most common hosting service providers for Magento include SiteGround, Hostgator, InMotion, GoDaddy, Bluehost, A2 Hosting, HostPapa among many others.
It is no secret that Magento have been known to have speed issues. These issues affect SEO ranking and the site’s performance, increases abandonment rates, and messes up the customer’s experience thereby reducing sales. However, there are a few things you can do to improve the performance of your site.
• Upgrade to the latest version as new versions have performance improvements and bug fixes
• Engage 3rd party caching solutions
• Reduce load time by implementing a Content Delivery Network
• Enable flat catalogue which increases the speed at which MySQL queries are responded to
• Clean up your logs and database by setting limits or manually emptying log tables periodically
• Choose a fast and reliable webhosting service provider
• Reduce the number of modules and extensions so as to run fewer HTTP requests
There are countless ways to improve the performance of your Magento marketing eCommerce site. You can always engage a professional to assist you in implementing some of these changes.
While it is advisable to keep upgrading to the newest version, Magento is not always the easiest software to upgrade. This is because you will be required to move distinct components of the software from one version to the next. This can be quite a task depending on the size and complexity of your site. Some of the issues you might encounter during and after the migration may include the following.
• Performance issues
• Magento commerce issues
• Issues with user experience
• Search optimization challenges
These post migration challenges may present themselves in varied formats based on the site integrations. As such, it is advisable to talk to a professional developer to assist you with the migration so as to keep operations smooth and efficient.
100% Secure hosting and secure design
Swing by for a cup of , or leave me a note: